by Camy Reynolds
The holidays are filled with joy, and one custom many families enjoy is taking a tour of holiday lights in and across Williamson County. There are a number of neighborhoods and business centers that cater to this ANNUAL RITUAL, and it can be quite an experience.
- 37th Street– Locally known since the ’80s and comprised of some of the weirdest displays near downtown Austin—from giant dinosaurs and a stuffed animal petting zoo to a Santa disco party—37th Street is a collection of neighbors keeping the beloved tradition alive. Beginning December 9th the lights will be on from sunset to 10pm through New Year’s. Search “507 W 37th Street” to find them.
- Maywald Christmas The Maywald family light display at 10505 Twilight Vista in Austin is ultra unique in that it features a 15-foot Santa Claus and a 15-foot snowman. You can enjoy their display from 6:00-10:00pm through December 31st.
- Chinati Court Stop by to see this cul de sac illuminated in lights through Christmas day. Located in the Ranch and Cypress Creek Community in Cedar Park. You may park on Sun Chase and walk to Chinati Court.
- Butch Gap Cove More than 300,000 lights are dispersed between 12 homes on Butch Gap Cove in Cedar Park. You can park or drive, but either way you will be fully immersed in the joy and excitement of the holiday season. The show runs from 5:30pm to 10pm seven days a week.
- Rhodes Family Christmas This home was featured on ABC’s “Great Christmas Light Fight” and they have some new tricks up their sleeve for this holiday season. Located at 2410 Sharon Drive in Cedar Park.
- Warnock Court is located in Parkside at Mayfield Ranch off County Rd 175. All homes from 100-124 Warnock Court will participate in the tour.
- Marble Falls Walkway of Lights You will be dazzled by the 2 million lights and more than 130 sculptures at Lakeside Park. The 32nd annual holiday celebration will be open nightly at 6pm from until December 31. The walk is located at 305 Buena Vista Drive in Marble Falls.