Measuring Success One Customer at a Time
Taylor Wadsworth, Austin Window Fashions’ vice president of sales and marketing, still remembers the day her father asked her to join his company. At the time, he had showrooms in Austin and San Antonio. Now, six years later, a Marble Falls location and new showroom in Georgetown have been added to the flourishing window treatment business.
The beauty of showrooms, she says, is that the customer experience is not limited to flipping through small swatches at home but rather viewing and handling full sized displays in person. Customers can manipulate the blinds, shades, and shutters to familiarize themselves with the operating system of each. The ability to see and touch fabrics and finishes is invaluable to the decision-making process. As well, if customers bring measurements, staff can provide an on-the-spot price quote, with professional measurements by a design expert to follow.
For nearly 40 years, Austin Window Fashions has worked hard to create just the right formula for meeting clients’ needs and the 1,000-plus five-star reviews they’ve received is just one of the ways they track accomplishments. Now in its second generation, this family business prides itself on maintaining a commitment to customer service and satisfaction.
Austin Window Fashions does what they say they are going to do, which is hard to come by these days. During the 2021 snowstorm, we had multiple clients who lost power tell us the only thing that kept their homes warm were the shutters covering their windows.Taylor Wadsworth, Austin Window Fashions’ vice president of sales and marketing
Nearly all their professional designers and installers have been with the company for more than 15 years. Understanding that window treatments are not a frequent purchase for most homeowners, staff members take great care to explain and simplify their place in and details of the process. Customers also relate a great sense of security knowing a detailed product warranty is posted on the company website.
When it comes to pricing, customers are always surprised to find that Austin Window Fashions offers competitive prices. This is primarily because they are the largest distributor of Hunter Douglas products in Texas and also one of the largest factory direct retailers of plantation shutters in the country, which accounts for 40 percent of their business.
Tips From The Experts
Educating customers is an important service Austin Window Fashions is always quick to provide, so here are some pointers from the professionals:
Consider new design directions as an inspiration for creating your unique style:
- Smart technology: With your voice, remote, app, phone, or smart home device, smart blinds can automatically close when the sun is at its strongest and then open to let in natural heat during the day.
- Multi-functionality: Window coverings that are functional and decorative, such as roller shades with built-in blackout lining.
- Minimalism: Simple, understated designs, like side panel draperies in cotton or linen.
- Color: Bold colors and patterns make a distinctive statement.
- Texture: Woven fabrics, linens, tassels, or beads add visual interest.
- Environmentally friendly materials: Natural and sustainable materials add a rustic vibe while helping the planet.
What are your specific needs?
- Cordless blinds and shades are child- and pet-proof. They operate with a simple mechanism that enables you to raise and lower the slats without dangling cords.
- Room darkening shades, blinds, and shutters provide custom light control. Blackout shades create complete darkness; cellular shades or roller blinds dim the light.
- Top down, bottom up shades are a unique concept for energy efficiency and privacy.
- Austin Window Fashions’ award-winning cellular shades are specially insulated to block drafts and keep out heat.
Prepare before you purchase:
- Pricing: Don’t let your budget discourage you. With so many choices, you’ll be able to stay in style while remaining within your dollar limit.
- Functionality: How much light do you want to let in? Do you have any privacy concerns? Are there any safety hazards (young children or pets)?
- Style: What will complement the style of your home? Simple roller blinds for a contemporary look? Blinds or shutters for a more traditional style?
- Privacy: Do you live in a busy area or close to neighbors? Blackout shades are always an option. Privacy shades or blinds with liners filter natural light into the room.
Mention this story and receive ½ off a shutter upgrade or an additional 10% off Hunter Douglas motorized blinds or shades. For more information, call 512-886-6381.